Monday, January 14, 2013

DishTV customer support issues

1/14/2013 - 10:45p Just called Dish TV (Dishnetwork.com - 1888 708 8825) to disconnect my services. Spent 15 minutes with the CSR. After trying to convince me giving "not so attractive" offers, he asked to get some parts from the dish that's mounted on the roof!!
When questioned why, he said, ok not needed. Shouldn't he be asking, where the dish was installed and if I could reach for it safely, first?!

He finally took all details and asked to me hold twice. After the second hold, he comes back saying "our systems are down and I am unable to process the disconnect", please call back tomorrow!

I ask why - he says "if disconnect is requested, the customer has to call".

I say - "That's what I was told 2 days earlier and called now. If your systems are down, it's not my problem. Why don't you leave a note for the next CSR/tech coming in the morning and complete the disconnect"!

Valid question - No?!

He says no he can't and repeatedly asks me to call tomorrow, like a broken record! I wonder its a tactic to give me a "hard time" since I am disconnecting...Only Dish executives can answer that question. Speak about "Customer focused approach" and "Customer first approach"....

Dish TV, can you get your act together?!

That's not all...in fact I noticed a hefty next month bill. When called and enquired, I was told that I had subscribed for HBO..when I didn't. Watching TV is a challenge for me given the lack of time, why would I subscribe for HBO..!

Some interesting read - http://about.dish.com/company-info/awards.
"We work hard to impress our customers, partners and shareholders, and the American Customer Satisfaction Index and Consumer Electronics Association – among others – have taken notice"

REALLY?!

This is not the first time experience with Dish, since I took the connection 2 years (2 long years), this could be 6th or so distress or "pain staking" call.

When I call tomorrow ( is there a choice for me...), I am sure I would be told that there is a 30 day notice period and they can only disconnect a day into the next month..nice...

Are the QA personnel looking into this and trying to improvise things? I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment